The 2 major varieties of Peanuts produced in India are Bold (runners) and Java (Spanish). The Bold variety peanuts have typically reddish brown skin with oblong shape, while Java variety have pink skin with spheroidal in shape.
Bold peanuts is the major oilseed of India. It accounts for around 25% of the total oilseed production of the country. Annual production of India Peanuts and Indian Peanuts oil are around 5-8mln and 1.5mln tons respectively.
BOLD variety with available sizes : 38/42, 40/50, 50/60, 60/70, 70/80, 80/90, 90/100, 140/160 Counts/Ounce.
Specifications for Bold Peanuts
- Bold Peanuts
- Gujarat - India
- Bold Peanut Counts Per Ounce
- 38/42, 40/50, 50/60, 60/70, 70/80, 80/90, 90/100, 140/160
- 7% max OR 8% max (As Per customer Requirements)
- 1% max OR 2% max
- Foreign Material
- 0.50% max OR 1.00% max (As Per customer Requirements)
- Oil Content
- 42% - 48% max
- - New Jute Bags Of 10/15/25/50 Kgs Gross
- One 20” FCL Can Load 19 MTS Or 380 Bags Of 50 Kgs New Jute Bags
- New vacuum pack inside and outer layer with PP woven bags 25 Kgs Gross
- One 20” FCL can load 19 MTS or 760 Bags of 25 Kgs Vacuum Bags
Peanuts are rich in nutrients, providing over 30 essential nutrients & phytonutrients. Peanuts are a good source of niacin, folate, fiber, magnesium, Vitamin E, Manganese & phosphorous. They also are naturally free of trans-fats and sodium and contain about 25% protein.
Peanuts are processed in various forms as Peanut butter/Flavored peanuts/Coated peanuts/ Peanut bars/Chocolate spreads, nut biscuits, crushed nuts used on cakes, buns, ice-cream and desserts.
Innovation on use of peanuts in processed foods continues due to its excellent nutritional values.